viernes, 5 de noviembre de 2010

Theres a Time and Place for Everything

I love this city and I know its got its charms
its given me so much and hasn’t done me much harm
havent even been mugged while walking alone at night
drunk as fuck stumbling around the street trying to keep out of sight
thing is I still carry this false hope inside of me
all that alcohol I drank last night was a failed attempt to drown your memory

oh how that dark wine blinded my eyes, clouded my mind, rested in my belly
but it didn’t do much good when I woke up the next day
looked in the mirror and realized oh dear lord, ive been betrayed
so after repeating this old routine every weekend, one day I opened my eyes
this is no way of living this is all a lie, things cant go on this way

Yes im leaving and I don’t know if Im coming back
but I promise to take your picture with me to wherever it is im at
no im not waiting im not waiting anymore
for some fucking sign of life to come knocking on my door
and if someday im lucky and you come across my path
do me a favor and don’t be stranger, don’t look away no don’t be like that

after all, at the end of the day you and me are just the same
searching for a weak sign of life then bowing our heads in shame

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario